24 Hour Helpline
Call us we can help!
Resources / Links
Gamblers Anonymous now has weekly meetings in Barre, Bennington, Burlington, and Rutland.
Call 1-800-522-4700 to contact GA and for the meeting schedules and locations.
Counselors: Call 1-800-522-4700 for the listing of counselors or for further information on certification
* National Council on Problem Gambling - www.ncpgambling.org
* Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (multi-lingual) - www.problemgambling.ca
* International Youth Gambling – www.youthgambling.org
* American Compulsive Gambling Cousilor Certification Board – www.certificationboard.com
* National Certification Board – CCGNJShirl@aol.com
Stocks and Commodities
* The Securities and Exchange Commission – www.sec.gov
* Women Helping Women – www.femalegamblers.info
Vermont Council on Problem
Gambling produces an informative and educational monthly newsletter.
Help for Families
Compulsive gamblers usually deny that they have a problem – both to themselves and others. We invite significant others to turn to us for guidance and support. We can offer suggestions on how to deal with problem gamblers: what to say, how to say it, and where to find helpful resources.
Click here to download the Gam-anon questionare (PDF).
Help for Communities
Our organization works with communities to combat gambling addiction and promote responsible gaming across Vermont.
We serve as a resource for all Vermonters on the problems of compulsive gambling. This includes providing training and screening tools to help social service agencies identify and treat gambling addiction.
Vermont Council on Problem Gambling P.O. Box 62
Bellows Falls, VT 05101